Who can enter: The competition is open to all storytellers, artists, illustrators, animators, students, and professionals. The competition is open to individuals, teams or organizations.
- Winning entries of previous KingstOOn Competitions (2013 and 2016) are not eligible for entry into the same category with which the award was received.
- Entries completed more than twenty four (24) months prior to the closing date of submissions are not eligible. The closing date of submissions is November 16, 2018.
- Members of the KingstOOn planning team and their immediate families, persons connected to the competitions and their immediate families, i.e. prize sponsors, are not eligible to enter the competition.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that do not follow the rules.
The Work Must Be Original: Your entries must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else’s copyrighted material. (If your entry infringes upon another’s copyright it will be disqualified.) Upon submitting your entry to this competition, you are solely responsible for any infringement on copyrighted materials. We reserve the right to request proof that your submissions are original artwork created solely by you. Non-compliance to this rule will be a disqualification of your entry.
Copyright: The artist retains all copyrights to their artwork without exception.
Non-exclusive Permissions: By entering this competition, you are granting The Office Of The Prime Minister, a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce your entry on kingstoonfest.com, KingstOOn newsletters, and on KingstOOn social media pages (Facebook@kingstoonfest, Twitter@kingstoonfest and Instagram@kingstOOnfest). Entries will not be used for any other purpose than that which is stated here.
- All entries must contain animated content. Entries that contain live action must include at least 75% animated content to be eligible.
- Entries must NOT contain expletive language, nudity, discriminate against race, gender, religion or any ethnic group.
Valid passport and visas will be required if the competition prize includes travel outside the entrant’s country of residence. KingstOOn will not cover any visa or passport related costs. KingstOOn will cover the cost of airfare and accommodation for all finalists to attend the finals and conference in Kingston, Jamaica.
Language: All entries must be in English, or subtitled in English.
Competitions are open during the period April 23 – November 16, 2018. Apply by midnight Eastern Standard Time, November 16, 2018. No entries will be accepted past the posted deadline.
Entry is completely FREE!
On the form you will be required to upload videos or documents.
- Videos must be either .mov, .mp4 or .avi.
- Documents must be in PDF
Email any questions of concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a message on the KingstOOn Facebook group.
Entrants are allowed multiple submissions per category.
Apply by midnight Eastern Standard Time, November 16, 2018. No entries will be accepted past the posted deadline.