The KingstOOn Emerging Animated Content Competition (KEACC) is a the set up to become the birthing place of the next top animated series and features from Jamaica and the Caribbean. Focused on discovering ideas, nurturing dreams and graduating commercially viable products, the KEACC is two competitions in one, as entrants to KingstOOn’s Pitch Competition can ONLY emerge from those partaking in the KEACC. The content competition invites entries under the categories of:
- Character Design
- Caribbean Short Film
Participating in the Competition
To be a part of the KEACC you MUST first register at http://register.kingstoonfest.com. While registering you will be given the option to opt in to the KingstOOn Pitch Competition. Upon completion of your registration you will receive the instructions on how to upload your submission(s).
Of note, we also encourage our competitors to check out and make use of FilmFreeway.com. If you are already a FilmFreeway user, or you prefer to use their service, KingstOOn allows submissions via the platform:
Our Competition’s Rules
As a participant in the KEACC there a few rules that we will ask that you follow. Please review the full list of our regulations and the rules governing the KEACC before entering. If you have any questions and/or concerns – do not hesitate to contact us.
Here’s a quick look at some of our regulations and rules:
- Content submitted to previous instances of KingstOOn is not allowed
- Submissions for all competitions and categories OPEN NOVEMBER 30, 2015
- Submissions for all competitions and categories CLOSE
JANUARY 31, 2016FEBRUARY 07, 2016
- Finalists for all categories in the EACC and Pitch Competition will be announced on
FEBRUARY 08, 2016FEBRUARY 14, 2016
- Entrant must be an individual. Please note that this individual may be a part of a larger independent team of animators. Neither the individual nor the team he/she represents may act on behalf of a studio or other commercial enterprise directly involved in the production and/or distribution of animated content.
- Commercial enterprises (e.g. studios) and other organizations are NOT eligible for entry
- Entrant must be a citizen (born or nationalized) of a Caribbean state/country