KingstOOn is a multi-day Animation Conference, Marketplace and Film Festival presented by Jamaica’s Office Of The Prime Minister, in partnership with the World Bank . The event is aimed at catalyzing the growth of the animation industry in Jamaica, and to attract the attention of international clients for animation services that can be provided by talented Jamaicans. The Festival is aimed at showcasing Afro-descendant and Caribbean stories to international distributors, producers and content buyers.
The objectives of KingstOOn are:
- To provide participants, and in particular Caribbean animators and associated professionals, with the avenues to begin to LEARN the nuances of the global animation pipeline, by engaging directly global industry leaders in various aspects of the business of animation;
- To create opportunities for participants to EARN from their engagement in animation at any level, by facilitating the creation of pitch decks and pairing content sellers with content buyers;
- To DISPLAY animated content in the International Animation Film Festival, by showcasing content developed by studios from around the world.
KingstOOn includes line-up of expert panel discussions offering an understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the global industry and how can Jamaica position itself to take advantage of the current situation; workshops to enable participating youths to interact directly with professional animators, allowing participants to delve into the technical aspects of animation, using case studies and demonstrating of 2D and 3D software possibilities. Educational institutions from Jamaica and across the region will present the range of options for training and career development offered at their institutions.
KingstOOn competitions are now open. Click here for more information.
The KingstOOn Emerging Animated Content Competition (KEACC) is aimed at showcasing talent in Jamaica and the Caribbean under the following four (4) categories:
- Best Storyboard;
- Best Character Design;
- Best Caribbean Short Film;
- Best Concept.
The KingstOOn Pitch Competition will put the four (4) best teams from the Concept Category in front of executives from major studios around the world to pitch their ideas and receive feedback live.
The KingstOOn International Animation Film Competition (KIAFC) will showcase International animated content. The animation film festival will comprise five categories:
- Best Special Effects;
- Best Student Film;
- Best International Short Film;
- Best International Feature Film